Friday, January 18, 2013

Fully Known, Fully Loved

I'm sure most of us are familiar with Psalms 139; the chapter in the Bible that talks about how well God knows us. The first 4 verses are: "O Lord, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord." But have you ever truly thought of what that means? What that looks like? Before I got the kids up for school this morning, I started pondering those questions a little bit and these thoughts started pouring forth:

"You know my fears. You know my thoughts. You know my passions. You know my secrets. You know my pleasures. You know my pain. You know my sorrows. You know my intentions. You know my reasons. You know my victories. You know my excuses. You know my hesitations. You know my tears. You know my laughter. You know my calling. You know my questions. You know my answers. You know my guilt. You know my shame. You know my pride. You know my insecurities. You know my exasperations. You know my limits. You know my name. You know my desires. You know my cravings. You know my strengths. You know my weaknesses. You know my struggles. You know my complexities. You know my absurdities. You know my weight. You know my delights. You know my expectations. You know my disappointments. You know my failures. You know my successes. You know my brokenness. You know my scars. You know my past. You know my future. You know my bondages. You know my motives. You know my circumstances."

This list is nowhere even close to the extent of what or how well God knows each and every one of us. It's mind boggling to me to think that not only does God SEE these things...He KNOWS them!

When I was about done listing these things, I felt Him speak to my Spirit: "You are fully known and you are fully loved."

In spite of everything I've ever done or will ever do...In spite of everything He knows, He loves me...He loves you...He loves US anyway. Amazing, is it not?

No comments: