Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I'm Going to Connecticut!

Yes, just call me the world traveler. ;) I just got back from Arkansas and Missouri, and now I'm heading off even further up North! The story of how this came about still cracks me up, so I thought I'd post it.

I was at my friend Connie's house looking around on her computer for the Gaither Vocal Band's tour schedule. They came down our way a few years ago and I was hoping they would be doing the same sometime this year as well. Unfortunately, they weren't scheduled to be in our area, but I was even more excited to find that they were going to be in Myrtle Beach, SC the weekend of my birthday in October! I went to Myrtle Beach 13 1/2 years ago and have wanted to go back ever since!

So, I went into the living room and told Connie, "Paul said I can have a get-away twice a year, and the Gaither's are going to be in Myrtle Beach the weekend of my birthday! Let's go!!!" She started to give me excuse after excuse..."I don't have enough money, etc." I told her, "We have 10 months to save up, Connie! Let's do it!"

Then she remembered that her sister-in-law Shelly (married to her brother Ronny) has a brother who just "happens" to own a condo on Myrtle Beach! She said, "Oh! I wonder if they would possibly let us use the condo??" IMMEDIATELY as soon as the words came out of her mouth, a text message came through on her cell phone from her brother Ronny and all it said was, "No!" We busted out laughing! As soon as she caught her breath, she called him up and when he answered she asked, "What do you mean, NO??" He explained that she had just sent him a text asking if he was still asleep? Apparently, a text she sent the night before (and meant to send to another friend) wound up getting sent to her brother! :)

She then told him what we were discussing and he said, "Connie! Shelly and I were just talking about wanting to go see the Gaither's! Why don't y'all come up here? They're playing 45 minutes from our house in March." He booked our flight, purchased our concert tickets (7th row) and so Connie and I are flying to Connecticut in March!!!!

I just love a story with a happy ending, don't you?! :)

2 comments:

Lori said...

How FUN!!!!!!!

Connie said...

Yes I do. Love love that one, because I am part of the happy ending. lol... We will have fun.