Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Baby Jake...Gone Too Soon

One week ago today, our unborn baby boy skipped this world and went straight to Heaven to be with our Lord & Savior, Jesus. Before I even delivered him, he had already been "delivered." I've had a vast array of feelings and emotions these past 7 days, as have the rest of my family. The morning after I got released from the hospital, my nearly 13 year old came up to me in the kitchen and said, "I feel kind of guilty." Both my husband & I wondered if they (the kids) would take Baby Jake's death personally, so I was mentally trying to prepare myself for that type of conversation. But when I asked him what he meant, he said, "Well, I'm actually in a good mood today. It's kind of like yesterday never even happened...?" Oh how I wish that were the case too! Immediately, this word picture came to mind... Our emotions are like the branches of a tree affected by the weather of our circumstances. On a cold Winter day (up North somewhere of course; not here in hot & humid South TX), the branches of a tree may be heavy & burdened, weighed down by the ice & snow. On a Spring day, the sun is shining, the birds singing, and the branches are gently swaying in the calm breeze. If a thunderstorm comes along however, very quickly things change. It can be brutal and ravage the tree-stripping the leaves off the branches, and even ripping & breaking the limbs. But the root system isn't affected by what's going on above ground. I take comfort in the fact that no matter the "weather" of my circumstances, I am rooted and grounded firmly in the Word of Christ which NEVER changes!!!! I am held by Someone so strong, that even the "winds and waves" of my emotions have to obey Him! "For the word of the Lord holds true, and we can trust everything he does." Psalm 33:4 "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever." Hebrews 13:8 Jake Lawrence Baker, June 12, 2012, 3:00 p.m., 1.2 oz, 6"

No comments: