Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Chaos!

Just a quick post!

We're in the midst of moving to our "new" house, so that in and of itself is creating a bit of chaos around here. My husband also decided it would be a good idea to get us moved during his time off (this week and next). Under "normal" circumstances (whatever that word means), that would sound like a great idea! However, he forgot one minor detail: the two oldest kids & I will be gone to church camp!! Seeing as how I didn't want to a) leave him with all the work of moving alone, and b) taking a bunch of needless things with us when we go (we're downsizing), I'm having to go through/clean out/declutter/throw away/pack (for the move as well as for camp) AND have a garage sale within about a 3-4 day period. Note: This does not include any other activities such as: my oldest daughter starting a new job (she doesn't have her license yet so I'm having to drive her), hosting/attending a couple of graduation parties for my 8th grader and family friends, leading a teen Bible Study, completing my volunteer work at the local nursing home, taking my middle son to an eye doctor appointment tomorrow, and just being a wife/mom (which has its own long list of duties/responsibilities...cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc., etc., etc. You know the drill). Ya. Like I said, C-H-A-O-S!!!! However, with all that said, that has nothing to do with what I originally logged in here for. What? Me? Distracted? Just slightly. ;)

While taking stuff down off the walls, I also removed the Bible verses I keep posted around the house. I love surrounding myself with God's Word-it helps keep my mind centered & focused on/filled with truth (and as you can see, I need aaaaaaaaall the help I can get! ;) A friend of mine recently asked for a copy of the verses, so I thought, "You know what? I have to type it out anyway, and I haven't posted in a YEAR...so why not kill two birds with one stone and post them on the blog so if anyone else would like to use the same idea, go for it!!" Without any further ado, here they are:

*LAMP: "O Lord, you are my lamp. The Lord lights up my darkness." 2 Samuel 22:29

*CLOCK: "Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge." Psalm 62:8

*CLOSET DOOR: "I delight greatly in the Lord; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness." Isaiah 61:10

*BATHROOM MIRROR: "Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image..." Genesis 1:26, "I praise you because I am fearfully & wonderfully made; your works are wonderful..." Psalm 139:14, "People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7

*WATER DISPENSER ON THE FRIDGE: "Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst." John 4:12-14a

*KITCHEN SINK: "Don't talk too much, for it fosters sin. Be sensible and turn off the flow." Proverbs 10:19

*PANTRY DOOR: "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31

*BACK DOOR: "The Lord will keep you from all harm-he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore." Psalm 121:7-8

*HAMPER: "Then he is to take off these clothes and put on others..." Leviticus 6:11

*TV: "Turn my eyes from worthless things, and give me life through your word." Psalm 119:37

*COMPUTER: "...I will walk in my house with blameless heart. I will set before my eyes no vile thing." Psalm 101:2,3, "You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar." Psalm 139:1,2

*MEASURING CUP/SPOON DRAWER: "Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Luke 6:38

I'm sure there are many more you can think of! What are some you have posted or what ideas come to mind? I'd love to hear more!

No comments: