Friday, December 25, 2009

Happy Birthday, Jesus!

I realize that it's only a couple of minutes away from being the day after Christmas, but this is the first chance I've had all day to sit down at my computer. We started off our morning here at the house and watched the kids open their gifts. Then we went to my parent's house for a few hours and then spent the rest of the evening at my in-law's. It's been a day full of family and friends and food!

I wanted to share with you one tradition that my parents started with me and my siblings while growing up-a birthday cake for Jesus. Since having children of my own, we've also decided to carry on this tradition, but we've added/changed a few details.

1. We make our cake round to represent the world.

2. We make it chocolate to represent sin.



3. We top the cake with white frosting representing how we are washed clean/forgiven when you accept Christ as your Savior.



4. We put Red icing and candles on the cake representing Christ's shed blood on the cross for us.



5. We eat the cake for breakfast. It's the one and only time of year when my children are allowed to do that, and they love it!

I hope every one of you had a wonderful day celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!

Happy Birthday, Jesus!!!

No comments: