Friday, April 1, 2011

This Is No Joke!



The kids and I made these on Monday using a craft idea from Family Fun Magazine. The first time we made them (about 5 years ago), they had so much fun pranking people at school, at church, you name it! :)

As I was reading in my quiet time this morning, I came across one of my favorite verses, Psalm 5:3. "In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation."

I have always had this visual image when I read that verse about a little boy playing a prank on a friend. I can just see him lying in wait, giddy with excitement, knowing full well that his friend is on his way.

We are also called to lay it down...lay down our requests, our needs, our anxieties and worries, our expectations, our wants...and lay them at the Lord's feet and wait in expectation...knowing full well our Lord is on His way! And that my friends, is no joke! ;)

No comments: