Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Itsy Bitsy Spider



God amazes me. He just does. How he uses simple things in life to open my eyes to something huge.

This morning as I was sitting on the front porch steps having my quiet time, I noticed a spider out of the corner of my eye. I put my Bible down for a moment and looked to see what it was doing. At first glance, I didn't see anything, but when the sun started to come up, it was evident...he/she was busy spinning its web. It was fascinating! I've never watched a spider in action before. It would drop down a few inches, slide over to the right, do whatever it is that spiders do in that one particular spot, come back to the left side, and then continue on. I know, my grasp on how spiders spin a web is mind boggling, isn't it? Ha! ;) Then I started thinking, "So many times when God's at work in our lives, it's like that spider web. Sometimes it may appear as if nothing is happening, but in reality, He's busy at work making something truly miraculous. It may not be visible to the naked eye, but in the end, we'll understand."


"Jesus replied, "You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand."
John 13:7

"For the word of the Lord holds true,and we can trust everything he does."
Psalm 33:4

1 comment:

Lori said...

AWESOME!!!! Just the reminder I needed! Thanks for sharing.