Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thankful Thursday

About 1 1/2 weeks ago, I decided to take part in "Thankful Thursday." I haven't been in the habit of blogging as much as I would like to be, so I thought this would give me a chance to regularly make a post, and help me focus more on the positives in my life, instead of the negatives...and then last Thursday came and went...and I forgot all about posting. Ooops. So, without any further ado, here's my list of what I'm thankful for today...

1. I'm thankful that I got to spend some time with my 22 month-old nephew Ty today. He is the smartest (honestly), most talkative, expressive, funny, kid I've ever met! Did I mention cute? His mom (my sister-in-law) is teaching Summer School in Victoria, and my parent's are helping watch him during the day, so we swung by their house while we were in town earlier this morning. He is a riot! I love him and are very thankful that Mark & Renee are bringing him up in a loving, Christian home.

2. I'm thankful for my hardworking, devoted, loyal, dedicated husband who worked his normal 12-hour shift 14 days/nights in a row so we could have a little more play money on our vacation (starting tomorrow)! He takes his role as being our provider very seriously, and I admire him for that.

3. I'm thankful that my house is somewhat quiet at the moment, when it's been filled with lots of noise today...some good, some not so good. Hey, I've got 3 kids that are natural-born sinners, what can I say? Ha! :)

4. I'm thankful that my (going into) 6th grade daughter still wants me to tuck her into bed each night, and then begs me to lie in bed with her and chit-chat for a few minutes before she falls off to sleep...hopefully this tradition will carry on for many more years to come!

5. I'm thankful that God never quits loving me, no matter what I do or how many times I mess up. Thankfully I can't earn his love, and also therefore can't do anything to lose it either! He is the same yesterday, today and forever!

Well, we leave out tomorrow for PA, DC & NY! I'm a little excited, and a little more nervous. :) Please pray for a safe trip. If all goes well, I'll see you again next Thursday, June 18th (hopefully with lots of pictures to share)!

Enjoy your week!! :)

No comments: