Wednesday, September 24, 2008

It's All Gravy, Baby!

Spilling gravy on the dinner table shouldn't seem like such a big deal...but it wasn't JUST on the table. And it wasn't even just on the table and chair. It was all over the table, the chair, my son N, on his clothes, the floor...and on and on it goes. Where it stops, nobody knows!? :) Sorry, I just had to throw that in there, because it popped in my head and I'm random like that. Anyhow! I then instruct N to get some paper towels and clean up his mess. He did go get the paper towels, but instead of cleaning up the mess, he smears the mess...in very large circles...over and over and over and...you get my point, right? I then have him strip down (which he's LOVING by the way)while I take over and clean it up myself. I must admit though, I didn't do it while "giving thanks in all circumstances," even if it is "God's will for me in Christ Jesus." (1 Thessalonians 5:18)

By the end of most days, I'm pretty well spent emotionally & mentally and I have a tendency to over-react sometimes to the little things. I hate that about myself, but then I'm reminded by my Daddy God that He cleans up my messes all the time...and without complaint! We can't clean up our own messes, and the more we try, the bigger the mess gets. We simply need to step out of the way and let God take over. And he's had to clean stuff off and out of me much worse than gravy from Church's Chicken!!

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

2 comments:

Susie said...

Wonderful post Bethany and one most of us can relate to as moms. You have a great gift for writing! Keep it up friend(:

Lori said...

Have enjoyed reading your blog. I always remembered how talented you were as a writer. So glad God has given you this outlet. Keep writin'.....to be able to picture you and your family sure makes me feel like we never left.

Missing you all!