Saturday, September 20, 2008

My First Post

Welcome all you faithful, adoring Blog fans! Hello?? Anybody out there? :)

Well, seeing as how this is my first post, allow me to introduce myself. I'm Bethany. It's so nice to have you here. I love having people drop by-I hope you'll stay for a while. Let me give you a little background as to why I started this blog and let you know what you may find here during your visit.

1. First and foremost, I love to write! For years, I use to journal faithfully, but with three "stair-step" children, ages 8, 9, and 10, I don't really have the time anymore. But I miss writing and want to get back into the habit, so I'm hoping to be able to do that here.

2. My daughter J (10), has been asking me for a while now why I don't have a blog of my own (I read so many others). I didn't have a good reason not to, so here I am.

3. I used to keep this folder of either a. Cute b. Funny or c. Sweet things my kid's have done over the years. I would write down the date, their age and the initial of which child it was, and then jot down a note on what had occurred with just enough information to jog my memory for future use. It just so happens that I can't find that folder ANYWHERE, and I'm not one to lose things. I pride myself on being pretty well organized, but it looks like I'm going to have to start over. So, piece by piece as the stories come back to me, or as new ones occur, I plan to post them here.

4. Several people over the years have told me I need to write a book. Well, I don't think that's ever going to happen, but who knows? This might be a fun way to toy around with the idea. I might post anything from old poetry I've written, current funny stories on the kids, word pictures God has imparted to me at some point in time, or just a rambling, non-sensical (yes, this is an actual word...go here to read the definition: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/nonsensical ) random post. There's never any telling what you might find.

So check back soon, as I already have a new funny to share on E. ;)

No comments: