Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thankful Thursday

While my boy's are outside, and J is helping her daddy make dinner, I thought I'd squeeze in a few minutes to make my "Thankful Thursday" entry before I forget. Some friends of mine tend to have a theme running through their lists, and I suppose on occasion you might find one on mine. However, randomnenss is my specialty! So, staying true to my nature, that's what you're going to get today!

1. When I lived in WV 13 years ago, I had a very good friend named Chris. He was a police officer, and when he was off duty, he worked security at the Putt-Putt where I worked. He was engaged, and I was dating someone at the time, so there was nothing going on-we were just really great friends. Several people at work claimed to be Christians and even went to church, but their day-in, day-out lives weren't any different from the rest of the world. Chris however, lived the life. When I left West Virginia, I left with the intention of returning, so I didn't get anyone's addresses or phone numbers. For those of you who know me, know that's not how my story ended up. I've thought about him and even tried looking for him throughout the years, but "Chris Little" is a very common name...makes it kind of difficult to track someone down! However, I am so happy to report...that Chris found me on Facebook July 3rd! It's been great reconnecting with a long, lost friend!!! He left law enforcement and now is a professional singer/piano player with a Southern Gospel Group called, Forgiven. I promise to post a video of them soon.

2. I'm thankful for my children who are openly loving with me, and tell me repeatedly things throughout the day such as, "I love you!" or "You're the best mom in the world!" Actually, E came up to me yesterday and said, "Who WOULDN'T love you??" That's one smart kid!! Ha! :)

3. God very plainly, matter-of-factly told me a while back to stop eating sugar. I thought it would be easy to do, but instead, I've really struggled. But I'm happy to say that today is Day 7 of absolutely NO processed carbs, and NO refined sugar!! As Beth Moore says, "Thus far, the Lord has helped me!" And I am truly thankful that He has!

4. I'm thankful that I was finally able to get some answers with our youngest son! I took him to a local Christian counselor, but she was very gracious and admitted that he is totally out of their league. We're now in the process of trying to choose a Child Psychiatrist. We would covet your continued prayers in that regard.

5. And last but not least, I'm very thankful for a day just to hang out here at home. This summer has been extremely busy with everyone running in different directions! Today was a nice change of pace though, with everyone just being here together.

No comments: