Sunday, October 12, 2008

Double Whammy

Well, this has been a day.

I was getting ready for church this morning at about 6:30 when our pastor called with news that caught me off guard. A couple that goes to our church just buried her dad 2 weeks ago, and then this morning, his oldest son who was living in Florida, was killed in a car accident! Just one short year ago, Lorenzo accepted Jesus as his Savior and about a week later broke his back in a car accident...and now this tragedy. This has been a really rough year for their family. Please keep the Palacios' in your prayers as they are certainly struggling right now. Thankfully, his son knew the Lord!

After teaching the kid's Sunday School class this morning, the kid's and I went to another local church to see a good friend of our's get baptized. As I was getting in our car after the service, my sister called to tell me that our cousin was found dead at about 10:30 this morning, probably of a heart attack. He was single, and lived with his mom, right next door to my parent's since my aunt is elderly and her health is steadily declining. So that's another prayer request in addition to the loss within the family...is for my aunt and where she will live now.

Even during these kind of circumstances though, we cannot forget that God is still in control.

I'm reminded of Nicole C. Mullen's song, "Convinced." That's one of my favorites!! It's based off of Romans 8:38-39.

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

No comments: