Tuesday, October 7, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!

Yes, 32 years ago today, I entered the world. For the most part, I was quiet and shy while growing up, but I've always been rather obnoxious about my birthday! :) Anyhow, I thought that today I would list 32 random things I'm thankful for.

Ready, set, go!

1. I'm thankful that even after 21 years of having Type 1 Diabetes, I'm still alive with no complications!

2. I'm thankful that my 10 1/2 year old, 5th grade, daughter still wants me to walk her into school each morning, eat lunch with her once a week, waits up until I tuck her into bed & pray with her each night, and generally just wants to be with me 24 hours a day. She is the sweetest!

3. I'm thankful that I can be straight out honest & blunt with our pastor (also my boss & very good family friend)...no beating around the bush here! Tell it like it is.

4. I'm thankful that my 9 year old son woke up early this morning to clean out my car for my birthday. Although he quickly loses interest and moves on to something else, it's the thought that counts, right?

5. I'm thankful for quiet, peaceful, calm, relaxing mornings (you know, before the kid's wake up). Ha! Mornings are my favorite time of day!!!

6. I'm thankful that I have two friends (our pastor's two teenage girls) that send me encouraging text messages every morning that bring a smile to my face & get my day started off right!

7. I'm thankful that my neighbor loves to cook (and is quite good at it), and brought us over sausage rolls and kolaches yesterday...which means I don't have to cook breakfast for the kid's this morning.

8. I'm thankful for the silly, funny things that come out of my kid's mouths sometimes that keep the humor alive & well here in our home. I'll give you just one example...when my daughter asked a long time ago why our rear ends were called "Buttocks." She thought it would make much more sense to call them
"Fat-ocks" or "Jiggly-ocks"! Then she giggles herself into hysterics, causing everyone else to laugh along with her till our stomachs hurt!

9. I'm thankful that my children & I have a very open, close relationship where we can talk about anything and everything.

10. I'm thankful for a husband who loves to cook, doesn't mind cleaning, and does so much more around the house than any other husband I know. He truly is talented and I am blessed!

11. I'm also thankful that my husband loves the Lord first and foremost and desires to stay in His Word daily. Sad to say, I've yet to read through the entire Bible, and he's read through at least 6 times now. Wow!

12. I'm thankful that God has opened the door for me to be in contact again with an old friend...(old as in, I've known her for years...not that she is old). I'm exactly 2 months & 4 days older than she is.

13. I'm thankful that (so far) my children have not argued with one another yet this morning! I do believe we have a record!

14. I'm thankful for my friend Connie asking me to go to Warrenton with her this past weekend. It was a blast! I just wish we could have shopped a little longer.

15. I'm thankful for all the lessons my youngest son is teaching me. He certainly keeps me on my knees in prayer, in humble dependance upon God, seeking His wisdom.

16. I'm thankful that I didn't lose my temper, even though my kid's just had their first little blow-up of the morning.

17. I'm thankful that our women's group from church (Anchored Souls) will be starting up another study tonight, called, "Restore My Heart." I'm really excited to see how God changes & grows each of us through this study!

18. I'm thankful that God has instilled in me a love & a passion to write...if I could only find more time.

19. I'm thankful I got a great night's sleep-thanks to my TempurPedic pillow. I'm also thankful to my Chiropractor friend who let me buy that pillow at his cost. Thanks Jason!

20. I'm thankful that my husband might finally have his boat in working order again. He ordered a new motor (for floundering), and the day he put it on (his birthday-9/5), he broke it as he was backing the boat into the barn! Thankfully, he was able to get it fixed, but then the outboard motor began having problems. He spent all day working on it yesterday, so hopefully he can go fishing tonight.

21. I'm thankful (while looking at some pictures on our bookshelf) that we as a family have been able to go on several vacations & have made some really fun memories together...whether it was at Disney World, Schlitterbahn, or just sitting in a cabin in New Mexico getting snowed in.

22. I'm thankful for God's grace and forgiveness that has totally set me free from condemnation! "Everyone who trusts in him will be freely pardoned." Psalm 34:22 "So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1

23. I'm thankful for Connie that let's me blubber & cry all over her when I need to...most recently when my brother Clay moved to Arkansas. It happened a LOT! :(

24. I'm thankful that my son Noah gave me his only Tootsie Roll just now, knowing that I love them. Even if I'm not eating sugar right now (thanks to my good ol' Detox diet), again it's the thought that counts!

25. I'm thankful that I'm about to leave to take my children to school. Be honest, you know you feel that way at times too. ;) I'll finish my post when I return.

No comments: