Tuesday, October 7, 2008

32 Random Things I'm Thankful For-Numero Dos

No, it doesn't take me 2 1/2 hours to drop my kid's off at school. I'm normally back home within 30 minutes. However, when I got back home, Paul surprised me by wanting to take me out for breakfast for my birthday. So, that's where I've been. Now, to finish my list of 32 Random Things I'm Thankful For...

26. I'm thankful for my husband who knows how very much I love my birthday and does his best to humor me. :)

27. I'm thankful for all my friends and family who have texted or called me this morning to wish me a Happy Birthday (Tina, thanks for the song. Tammy, I'm still bummed you didn't bust out with the Applebee's version of "Happy Birthday" for me)!

28. I'm thankful for the penny I found on the parking lot of the restaurant with the words written on it, "In God We Trust" to remind me that it's not money or anything else that will meet our needs. It's in Christ alone that we have that promise.

29. I'm thankful for my parent's who taught me and my siblings that very truth of relying solely upon God to meet our needs...whenever we would ask for something, we were never told, "Stop asking! Appreciate what you do have! You know we don't have the money for that!" We were told, "Well, let's pray about it and see what happens." We were able to see first hand how God provided (often times miraculously)!

30. I'm thankful for indoor plumbing, especially since this Detox diet has me running to the bathroom every time I turn around! And if I can mention one thing here, that's the only drawback to Warrenton...no bathrooms!!! UGH!

31. I'm thankful for all you faithful, adoring blog fans out there who let me ramble on and on and on and on...

32. I'm thankful that God chose me long ago, before the creation of the world, and that's He's allowed me to live this life, have the friends and family that I do, and that He's my one true love! What more could a girl ask for?

"I will praise the Lord at all times. I will constantly speak his praises. I will boast only in the Lord; let all who are discouraged take heart. Come, let us tell of the Lord's greatness; let us exalt his name together." Psalm 34:1-3

No comments: