Friday, October 31, 2008

Love Dare-Day 3 Update

Well, I must say that today I actually enjoyed the dare. It involved buying them something just to let them know you were thinking about them. It got my mind to working and thinking about my family. I found each of them a gift for about $2 each at Wal-Mart...gifts that reminded me of things they liked. I then attached a note and left them on their beds for them to find.

Paul got a little bag of fishing weights with a note that read, "You have my heart-hook, line & sinker." I also put a Bible verse on there from Ephesians 1:16: "I have not stopped giving thanks for you..."

Jamie got a package of beads for making bracelets (that is her passion) and her note read, "In the same way you enjoy making and creating beautiful pieces of jewelry, you are a unique, beautiful creation of God. You have many talents and abilities and I pray you use them for God's glory. I love watching you learn and grow into God's one-of-a-kind design. "Your hands made me and formed me; give me understanding to learn your commands." Psalm 119:73

Ericson received a packet of broccoli seeds. He loves to plant things!!! His note read, "In the same way you enjoy planting things and watching them grow, I am so enjoying watching you grow...into a Godly young man who honors his father and mother, prays for others and enjoys life. You bring so much joy to me! "May our sons flourish in their youth like well-nurtured plants." Psalm 144:12

Noah got a bag of bite-sized Snickers bars. He loves sugar more than just about anything else on the face of this earth! His note read, "You are sweeter than all the candy in this bag! God has blessed and honored me by allowing me to be your mom. I love all your "Snickers", giggles and songs each day. You bring a song to my heart! "Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy." Psalm 126:2

Tomorrow the dare is to contact your spouse (or in my case, the other person you're doing this experiment on) with the purpose of simply asking how they're doing and seeing if there's anything you could do for them. Sounds easy enough.

I'll keep you posted!

No comments: