Sunday, November 2, 2008

Love Dare-Day 5 Recap

Well, the Dare for today was to ask your spouse (or other guinea pig you're experimenting with) to tell you three things you do that make them uncomfortable or irritated. I had a few extra minutes today, so when I saw this person, I asked the question. The answer really didn't surprise me...I know I'm guilty. It was my tone of voice when I'm irritated, frustrated, upset or angry with this person. But honestly, ever since beginning this Love Dare, I've really become aware of what I'm allowing to come out of my mouth-and in the way it comes across. I believe with continued prayer, things will only improve!

My dare for tomorrow, Day 6 is: "Choose today to react to tough circumstances in your marriage (in my case, other relationship) in loving ways instead of with irritation. Begin by making a list of areas where you need to add margin to your schedule (assuming some of the irritations are being caused by stress, which is being caused by being over-loaded). Then list any wrong motivations that you need to release from your life."

More to come tomorrow. It's way past my bedtime as it is.

No comments: