Sunday, November 2, 2008

Rescue

At church this past Sunday, one of the songs we sang was, "Rescue." Have you ever heard it? It says:

"I need you, Jesus, to come to my rescue. Where else can I go? There's no other name by which I am saved. Capture me with grace. I will follow you. This world has nothing for me. I will follow you."

As the song was playing, I started thinking about all the struggles represented there in the lives simply within our church family & how we all truly need Jesus to come to our rescue...one couple just buried their oldest son (20 years old)...one was just diagnosed with Melanoma this past week...one lost her home in Hurricane Katrina, then moved to Texas, only to have her house burn down around her...one just lost both her parents within a 3 year span and is still struggling...one just had knee surgery and lives alone...one is dealing with Lupus...one is dealing with a special needs child...and the list goes on.

Then tonight, I received a phone call from my mom telling me that the doctor's believe my Aunt Maria has Lymphoma. She'll be having a biopsy done tomorrow to confirm this diagnosis.

And as I sit here typing this, guess what song just started playing? "Mighty to Save." Here's the chorus:

"Saviour, He can move the mountains. My God is mighty to save, He is mighty to save. Forever, Author of salvation, He rose and conquered the grave. Jesus conquered the grave."

This is no coincedence...now the radio is playing Nicole C. Mullen's song, "When I Call on Jesus." I love the way God speaks to me through music!!

We must remember that no matter what the circumstances, Jesus is our only hope! He is mighty to save! All things are possible with God!

Would you please join me in praying specifically for my Uncle Lawrence & Aunt Maria? If there's anything you need prayer for, please leave me a comment. I would be honored to join you at the throne of Grace.

No comments: