Sunday, November 23, 2008

A saturated sponge...

That's the word picture that comes to mind when I think about praying for my children. Envision a sink full of water...holding a sponge under the surface, allowing the sponge to absorb and soak up as much water as possible. When you take it out of the water, squeezing it isn't necessary in order to see what's inside. It can't help but pour out. That's what I want for my children!! I want them to be so totally immersed, and covered in prayer, that it's just dripping off and out of them.

Sadly though, I normally feel like I'm just dipping my fingers in the water and then sprinkling that over my children.

Have you thought of any creative ways to lift your children up in prayer throughout the day? If so, leave a comment...I'd love to hear your ideas!

No comments: