Friday, November 21, 2008

Ode to N's Tooth




My original plan was to post just the previous two pictures, since N lost a tooth this morning...by force of course! That's just N's way. :) But it got me to thinking about him...and you can't possibly even begin to sum up N's personality with just 2 pictures. However, to keep this post relatively short, I'll start with the original plan and then post more at another time.

I walked in the kitchen this morning to find N with dental floss tied around his loose tooth, and so far up the gum line he couldn't get it off. Since he couldn't remove the floss, he decided he was going to remove the tooth...even though it was noticeably loose, it wasn't ready to come out!! Next thing I know, he's tied the floss to the cabinet door. I didn't really think it would work, but he slammed the door, and how I wish I had a video camera! The surprised look on his face as he watched his tooth fly through the air, the excitement as he hollered, "Now we get ice cream today!!!", to the thrill of grossing his sister out as he showed her the blood that quickly covered the rest of his teeth in his mouth was pretty entertaining (and gross). N is certainly one of a kind! :) The top picture is what I found when I went to put his money under his pillow. We don't do the Tooth Fairy thing around here...even though they know it's P and I that are replacing the tooth with money, they still want to play along. :) Don't ask me how this got started, but one random fact about my children is that they name their teeth (when they lose them??). I'm assuming N meant to name this one, "Bobby" but notice the spelling. I guess it would be pronounced "Bo-bee." :) I'll have to ask him about that one in the morning. There's no telling where it came from.

N is very determined, and it just cracks me up sometimes with the thoughts that cross his mind!? I have three videos of him when he was trying to get his first loose tooth out, and they're hilarious!! You can see the intensity in his face as he's focusing on finding a way to remove the tooth. But that will have to wait until another day.

(On a side note, he is NOT completely dyslexic...the name "Boby" is written on one side of the ziploc bag, with his name & other info. on the other.) ;)

Until then...

No comments: